We are delighted to invite you to apply in the First Star Arizona State University Academy.
To the student applying:
Thank you for taking the time to submit your confidential application. The Academy is a free, comprehensive four-year college access program designed to provide students that experienced foster care with the academic support, encouragement, and enrichment needed to assist in your college readiness journey.
The students participate in a variety of fun and active learning opportunities that include academic courses for college credit, independent studies, social and cultural activities, field trips, service learning, and recreational activities. In addition to a summer immersion program, students and their families will receive individual support during the academic year at monthly Saturday Academies, education advocacy, and caregiver workshops.
Steps to apply and eligibility:
- Current dependency open case with the Arizona Department of Child Safety or Tribal Agency;
- Able to participate in the summer residential component at the university, and monthly Saturday sessions;
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA and good attendance in current and previous school year; and
- Demonstrates maturity and potential to thrive in a college-prep setting.
- Submit a complete application and materials
- Ask 2 Adults to submit the Adult Recommendation portion of the application.
- Submit your most recent transcript, attendance record, and discipline log from current school.
- Submit your recommendation online at asu.edu/firststar.
If you have any questions, email or call Paloma Delgado, Program Manager at 480-727-0677 or email@example.com.