Space in Between Use Request

ASU Space in Between Terms and Conditions of Use

Who can schedule the Space in Between?

Arizona State University departments and registered student organizations may request to schedule space for tabling, informational displays or special events on Space in Between.

Requests must be submitted a minimum of 10 business days prior to your event.

Special Events on Space in Between

The user incurs all permit fees, including fire permits as appropriate for their event. The user is also responsible for any rental costs (i.e. any tables that cannot be provided by the university).

Fire permits for special events

Special events taking place on Space in Between may require a fire permit. If the spaces requested are available, the space will be placed on hold for your event and your Space in Between Space Request Form submission will be forwarded to the City of Phoenix Fire Inspector. The user will then be connected with the City of Phoenix Fire Inspector for additional paperwork.

Disruptive events

The University Vice Provost’s Office is responsible for scheduling the use of the Space in Between area. If a staff member finds that an individual or group is interfering with or disrupting university or university-sponsored activities, he or she will determine whether the activity is in violation of this policy and whether the activity will be allowed to continue or should cease. If it is determined that the activity must be terminated, participants will be informed by a staff member the reason the activity is to cease immediately and participants are to disperse and/or leave university property. For more details, see the website at ASU Student Code of Conduct.


Groups tabling on Space in Between are only allowed to distribute or serve food items in original packages that list the ingredients. The university does not permit the sale or distribution of homemade food products. Groups may not sell food items, but may fundraise for donations to their organizations. Departments: Please refer to your own department’s guidelines on which vendors you work with on a regular basis. If you need catering suggestions for the downtown area, please visit the ASU Catering List. Food and beverage must be served in compliance with safe food handling guidelines.


The Downtown Phoenix campus is not equipped to provide anything other than tables and chairs. Many ASU departments use Classic Party Rentals, 602-232-9900. You are not required to use Classic Party Rentals, however they have serviced many events at the downtown campus and their staff is familiar with the facilities. Regardless of who you hire, deliveries cannot be made earlier than four hours prior to your event and must be removed immediately following the completion of your event.

Sales, solicitations and raffles

Only fundraising is permitted on a donation basis. Sales and solicitations are prohibited. Also prohibited is the offering of credit cards, unfair, improper and deceptive inducements, the use of any manipulative, deceptive or fraudulent device, scheme, or artifice including misleading advertising and sales literature, any oral or written representation that suggests or gives rise to the appearance that ASU sponsors or endorses that organization, its agents or the goods, services and/or commodities being offered, and any activity that is in violation of the ASU code of conduct. The Arizona Attorney General has determined that ASU and its departments and administrative units are not permitted to conduct raffles. Please review the Gambling & Raffles page on ASU Office of General Counsel’s website for more information. Certain organizations wishing to conduct raffles must meet specific conditions.

Trademark: Campus organizations making items for their internal use are to use an ASU license. All uses of ASU marks and identifiers must be approved in writing by the ASU Branding Committee, comprising the responsible administrator in the Office of Public Affairs, Trademark Management, or Sun Devil Athletics. University departments and official organizations may use "ASU" in their official operations and may also use "ASU" on products that are part of their normal operations. All manufacturers of ASU goods must be licensed.

University employees and students are not authorized to modify, change, or alter ASU marks protected by trademark. In addition, they are not authorized to employ ASU marks that are unprotected by trademark. Employees and students may not authorize any use of ASU marks without the prior approval of the Office of Public Affairs.

Campus departments and student organizations producing items, having items produced for internal use, or buying goods for resale must purchase the items from a licensed manufacturer, unless a written exception is granted. Student faculty and staff must purchase their goods from manufacturers awarded contracts by ASU Purchasing for all screen printing and embroidery.

Please refer to ASU PUR 701 for more information.